Monday, October 22, 2018

RESPONISBILITY 4

p. 70-72  Lesson synopsis: Widening The Circle


The message for this morning is rather simple and that is to open yourself to the truth that the desires of your heart can and will be made manifest.

Last week we spoke of the work here you do with your mind, your thinking mind, and then going beyond your mind. When I asked the questions on page 68, “What is one thing in your life that you would change if you could? What is one thing you would claim if you were allowed, if you believed it could be? What is one choice you would make a new if you believe there was a possibility that it could be in manifestation? My answer to those was that “I could see peace, always.”

I realize each one of us could have a different response to those questions, and maybe even a different responses at different times so I am simply using my choice as an example.

What I do first is to open myself in willingness and intention to allow this truth of peace to manifest in my life. This, at least in part, is the work of the thinking mind, my conscious intelligence. I am encouraged not to get caught up in judging or measuring my willingness. It could be that today I am willing or that I am willing to be willing. No matter how far back I have to trace my willingness, I am simply being asked to embrace and accept where I am at this particular moment. If, for instance, I am willing to be willing to be willing I embrace myself in that perceived state of mind, and by accepting it rather than fighting it, I allow myself to move to a deeper level of willingness.

Once I have become aware of my willingness and my intention, that is essentially as far as the mind can take me. Then it is up to me, the decider, to allow my Divine self to take over, letting go of whatever form I think this manifestation might need to take. Letting go of the process I think needs to happen. After willingness and intention has been established, the how’s and the why’s are taken care of by the divine within me.

The human side of myself is waiting and looking for clues that this could be will demonstrate to me this is happening, but I usably wind up looking over there when the manifestation is happening right here. The difficulty is the the manifestation takes place in a much deeper level than my intellectual knowing.

From the material presented this morning,  we entered into a discussion about prayer. You might notice that all of the text above is a description of prayer without our even knowing it.

Most of us, including myself, can find ourselves inundated with an old model of prayer that we have simply have taken on without being conscious of it. I call it the “triangular” model of prayer. (I am on the left side of rehab base, God is the apex, and the answer or the object of my prayer is not e right side of the base.)  I am down here on planet Earth needing or wanting something for myself or for somebody else and I pray for it. I direct my thoughts upward to where God is, and so God os sort this being in the sky bombarded every second with prayer requests and then somehow makes a decision about how it is going to be answered by sending down a force or energy that will answer my request in some way— either “yes, no, maybe, wait a while.” To conjure another image it's almost like a Magic Eight Ball.

If we were praying that our team would win the game, well let us suppose that the other team is also praying that they win the game. What happens here? He who has the most prayers wins? Do I put these requests on a scale and measure them?

The model that fits our work today is more one of allowing the divine self within me come in contact with the divine self within you. It is very much reflection of the Hindu greeting Namaste— the divine within me honors the divine within you. But here we have a specific request in mind and here is where the difficulties begin. What I am requesting for myself or for another might not be in their best interest. It might seem to be to my thinking mind, but that is not necessarily the truth. So, for instance, if I were praying that my granddaughter get well, that might or might not align itself with her soul’s choice. It might be far better for me, when I think of her, to hold her in the light that she is. To know that by holding her in light, the barriers and resistance that might be present in her and in me, begin to dissolve, and because she's being held in the light, her ability to receive and absorb the light becomes a process that is easier and more simple. It flows.

To use a physical image, I might have to physically struggle to climb over a 7 foot wall, but if someone were to give me a boost my work would be made much easier.

“Now what we would like you to do once again is see yourself in the center of the circle. And imagine that around the circle is the line that you have drawn, the perimeter, the border that keeps all things from you. And we want you to extend the circle to include all those things you wrote. So what was outside of the perimeter is now included in it, within the circle you have drawn.
What you are doing right now is making a decision that those things that exist beyond the self can be inherited as you, in your field, and as you express them as in your field, you can call them into manifestation. Every time you think of something as a possibility, you create a new offering for your soul to express itself in a new way.”

There was a lot going on this morning sth was beyond words.

You might want to check out the recording.

It’s class 32 on:




No comments:

Post a Comment