Monday, December 10, 2018

RESPONSIBILITY 11

P. 81-83

One of our classmates shared an incident this morning: seeing a homeless person possibly drunk or deranged and wanting to help in some way and yet not knowing how.

We all probably have images of how Jesus or Gandhi or Buddha or Mother Teresa would have handled a situation like that, probably in some ways dramatically and heroically. for most of us though we live in a world that in some ways does not show itself as being very safe.

A modern-day version of the parable of the Good Samaritan might also show some thieves and robbers hiding in the bushes waiting to entrap some naive good do-gooder.

Even in saying that, I find myself being rather bitter and cynical. I would like to be of help, but I'm not sure how. Many circumstances are going to influence our decision. Even being in a different mood, or  the sun shining, or someone else in the car with me.

There is no rule book for responding to the needs of another. That is what the mind is looking for. I want to know exactly what to do in each particular situation, but that kind of certainty just does not exist.

You know, there have been times in my life when someone has reached out for help and I was experiencing myself as so depleted, I let them know on some level I have nothing to give you. It was a miserable, helpless feeling, and yet there I was. At times like that in the past, I did not have the wherewithal to realize that I was locked into my limited perception of myself rather than the truth. Today, if confronted with a similar kind of situation I might be able to work beyond my perceived limitations, to pray for strength, for guidance and direction and perhaps connect with this person on a higher level.

I do not know what another person needs from me. I have a difficult enough time knowing what I need myself. What I can do in situations that call for my compassion, is to pray that I might do and give as much as I can in the most loving way possible.

There are so many layers to this that I will probably only be able to cover some. Perhaps the best I can give this person and in fact what they might even be asking for is to pray for them, to hold him in the light. If it is true, and I believe it is so, that each one of us is a unique expression of the Divine then your or my prayer for this person might be exactly what they need rather than a $5 bill or a 911 call.

Ram Dass once said, “The only thing you have to give to another human being is who you are in this moment.”

I can also be grateful for my heart opening in compassion as difficult as that might be at times. Perhaps in the past I might have been so preoccupied with my own self centered thoughts that I never would have even been aware of this individual.

Here again we come to being aware of the difference or the distinction between my personality self and my divine nature. My personality is attached to drama, to figuring things out, to having exact and precise answers for any questions. My love in a sense is simply the expression of love in the best way possible. I do not know what that will look like or what form that needs to take in future events. As we mentioned above, there is no rule book. We meet every situation in life as best we can and under the circumstances that we find ourselves. As we continue to grow, we can begin to notice that there are more and more possibilities in loving action that are open to us.

Above all we are encouraged to be gentle with ourselves. How can I truly love another if I am beating myself up for not doing it perfectly?

There will probably be more thoughts and ramifications around this study of loving action. Please do not hesitate to explore and to share your learning with one another. We are all on this trip together. As Ram Dass so lovingly says “We are all walking one another home.”

***********
So let us take a closer look at the lesson from the text today. 

You are not becoming anything or anyone other than what you truly are. It is just that the truth of our being has been so masked and covered over with fearful thoughts and beliefs that we have a difficult time seeing through all the stuff that mankind has created. It would be as if you are trying to see yourself in a mirror that is covered with mud. You might get a little glimpse of your true reflection here and there, only in a moment. 

Essentially, we are cleaning off the mirror. We are revealing what is already there. The biggest piece of this for me is to wipe away or let go of my attachments to the personality self and all is perceptions that I have created over the years. It does not all go away, but I hold true to the realization that this mask, this illusion, this personality is not who I am and in fact was never who I am. The mask or persona does not disappear but I allow myself to recognize Is for what it is. 

 “Now, the frequency was always here, you know, but the density of your creations precluded your manifestation. The belief that it could not be so was paramount in creating the wall of separation that you have existed through. The planet is in shift. The frequency of the planet and all things on this planet are being moved upward in consequential vibration. There is a sequence at hand, you see, and that which will no longer hold the truth, that was born in fear, that was born in negativity, that was born in the need to control another, is being released so the true self, the self in honor, in knowing, and in worth may be reborn as you.”

“You do not negate these aspects of the self, the self that is fearful, that denies herself her worth. You realign them.”

Although we have spoken this many times before it is always helpful to remember when you claim “I know who I am in truth; I know what I am in truth; I know how I serve in truth, you are not only affirming a truth that already exist but in the words of the book you are aligning yourself to that truth. You are identifying more and more to the truth of Who You Are.

I realize sometimes we become confused about what this concept of “alignment” means. Let us take a very simple example: let's suppose you are with someone who loves you and you know that. You can choose to align yourself with that love, in other words, to be aware of it, to take it in, to vibrate with it. You could also choose to remain in a negative self-centered frame of mind where you spend all of your time with the loved one griping and complaining. I think it would be fairly obvious which one of those patterns is aligning to higher vibration or a lower vibration.

The book takes you through a rather simple exercise. You are being asked to recognize a power or a sense or quality within you that allows you to be in your authority, your strength. Although they are using the metaphor of music you can use anything you like. The quality you might think of might have something to do with creativity, painting, artwork, music. It might be something as simple as doing a crossword puzzle or reading a book or listening to a certain type of music or gardening or playing with a pet ,being with a grandchild, being in nature. With any of those that you might name for yourself, to get in touch with the energy that comes to you even when you simply think about it, and then to take this one step further. To imagine that you you can have the same kind of high vibrational awareness with many other qualities you have within yourself. We are challenged then to be aware that the only limitations concerning our qualities and creativity come from our attachment to old beliefs and old ideas that no longer serve us.

You are welcome to let them go to not feed them anymore as you continue this journey in the realization of the Perfection of Who You Are. 



Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment