Monday, September 2, 2019

WISDOM 7




You might recall that last week I offered the example being at a ball game with my grandson fan and being hot uncomfortable in the bleachers was bright hot sunshine coming down and no shade and thinking somehow about how miserable I was. Then it dawned on me that I am here with someone I love dearly and he loves me as well I realized I could shift my focus in the words we use here I could I could move to a higher vibration. The thing about it is is that the external circumstances don't change necessarily but my relationship to them does and my relationship to my thoughts what I am thinking including the external circumstances I find myself in that makes all the difference.

I was reminded of a passage in a book called Another Roadside Attraction by Tom Robbins (Just as an aside when I quote a book or a movie it doesn't necessarily mean that I liked it or agree with it but in most cases I have found at least there are Snippets of wisdom to be found practically any place and I try to pick them up wherever I find them but don't necessarily take them as a stamp of approval or even a recommendation that you should read this book or see this movie.)



(The main character is with a family named Ziller) 
The sky was still blue, the sun still beaming when they locked me up. But during my incarceration it had begun to rain. The legendary Seattle rain. It was a thin gray rain;hard and fast and cold. In it we had to walk four blocks from the Public Safety Building to the Ziller's Jeep--we were at its mercy. As was my custom in such elements I hunkered against the rain, drew my head into my collar turned my eyes to the street tensed my footsteps and proceeded in misery. But my hosts I soon noticed reacted in quite another way. They strolled calmly and smoothly their bodies perfectly relaxed. They did not hunch away from the rain but rather glided through it. They directed their faces to it and did not flinch as it drummed their cheeks. They almost reveled in it. Somehow I found this significant. The Zillers accepted the rain. They were not at odds with it they did not deny it or combat it; they accepted it and went with it in harmony and ease. I tried it myself. I relaxed my neck and shoulders and turned my gaze into the wet. I let it do to me what it would. Of course it was not trying to do anything to me. What a silly notion. It was simply falling as rain should, and I as man, another phenomenon of nature, was sharing the space in which it fell. It was much better regarding it that way. I got no wetter than I would have otherwise, and if I did not actually enjoy the wetting, at least I was free of tension. I could even smile. 
From Another Roadside Attraction Tom Robbins

Along with The changing of the focus the raising of the vibration the transformation of my relationship with the rain comes also this marvelous. That the rain is not doing anything to me. you see I think so often I know for me I will fall into victim consciousness and find myself controlled at least emotionally controlled by the events I find myself in now we could go into a lot of detail about how I might create those events but aside from that I find myself what we call to be a victim of circumstance. it is not a difficult reach when I am in that low vibrational mindset to think somehow that the world or Mother Nature or someone or something else is doing something to me. as long as I stay in that low form of thinking I am going to continually be annoyed unhappy and probably angry.

What would it be like to sink in a moment of seeming struggle or contradiction that the world is not doing anything to me ?

When we speak of wisdom or any other quality of the Divine whether it is love or Compassion or gratitude we are not speaking of something that is created we are speaking about opening ourselves up to what is already there. by doing so we begin to rid ourselves of the conflict of The Thinking mind with a personality self trying to take control or trying to be the spiritual part of our being. in other words we step out of the impossible Realm at the personality somehow or another we'll reach divinity and realize that Divinity is already here and then what my personality can do is open myself up to that possibility.


“Now Paul is already asking, “Are they going to be frustrated? Are they going to be trying to align to wisdom and feel like they are banging their noggin against a wall?” Perhaps they may, it’s an experience that they may choose. But it is not a requirement for knowing. You have all invested such expression in the path of struggle—that nothing is meritful unless it is hard won—that you cannot realize that wisdom is free. Wisdom is an inheritance. It may be called. There is universal wisdom that is all around you that may be tuned in to like a radio. When you align to your own wisdom, you are aligning to yourself as a conduit for wisdom so you may be expressed in wisdom.”

Here is another profound reminder add becoming embraced by the truth of Who You Are does not necessarily me and you have to struggle. I'm reminded of that famous story of Jacob and the angel in the Old Testament where they were wrestling all night and as the sun came up the angel said I've got to go but Jacob says I will not let you go until you bless me. there is much Beauty in that Passage and I am still continuing to learn from it but I can also see how my thought process can become a bit twisted by thinking that there has to be a struggle.

I'm reminded of that wonderful line from an older movie called war games where the computer speaks to its creator and says strange game Professor Falken the only way to win is not to play.

Somehow or another we got to be playing around with this idea of imagination or creative visualization and if I was the one who created that particular diversion allow me to be responsible for it. we talked back and forth about whether or not changes could be made to our imagination that affect the physical world and all of this had opinions one way or the other. I realized that I was a little bit stuck on being right and so I needed to let go of that one and the begin to realize that the heart of the matter that we were discussing was what we referred to above as changing my focus. more simply put a quotation that is attributed to Wayne Dyer when you change the way you look at things the things you look at change. let's keep it that simple for a while.

“When you are reactive, when you are frightened, when you are angry, you are never in your wisdom. You are operating in low vibration and you must attend to that so that you can go forward in a higher way.”

This is a great little piece here. it is not suggesting that we fall into judgment when we find ourselves angry or upset or distracted from the truth but it does suggest third when we discover we are angry or out of balance in any particular way do we need to do a reality check we need to what happened we need to do what happens with a GPS and that is we need to recalculate get back into balance. sometimes it is external events that will trigger this awareness other times I will become aware of it in different ways. it is sort of like Spirit tapping us on the shoulder and saying an adjustment here is necessary for whatever reasons you have become out of balance let's get back to Center. 

I was reminded of the second last directive here. You will forget all this. rather than keep you hanging I decided to include whole list of directors here then you can do with whatever you choose
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it's the only thing you are sure to keep for the rest of your life.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called "Life on Planet Earth". Every person or incident is the Universal Teacher.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of experimentation. "Failures" are as much a part of the process as "success."
4. A lesson is repeated until learned. It is presented to you in various forms until you learn it -- then you can go on to the next lesson.
5. If you don't learn easy lessons, they get harder. External problems are a precise reflection of your internal state. When you clear inner obstructions, your outside world changes. Pain is how the universe gets your attention.
6. You will know you've learned a lesson when your actions change. Wisdom is practice. A little of something is better than a lot of nothing.
7. "There" is no better than "here". When your "there" becomes a "here" you will simply obtain another "there" that again looks better than "here."
8. Others are only mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another unless it reflects something you love or hate in yourself.
9. Your life is up to you. Life provides the canvas; you do the painting. Take charge of your life -- or someone else will.
10. You always get what you want. Your subconscious rightfully determines what energies, experiences, and people you attract -- therefore, the only foolproof way to know what you want is to see what you have. There are no victims, only students.
11. There is no right or wrong, but there are consequences. Moralizing doesn't help. Judgments only hold the patterns in place. Just do your best.
12. Your answers lie inside you. Children need guidance from others; as we mature, we trust our hearts, where the Laws of Spirit are written. You know more than you have heard or read or been told. All you need to do is to look, listen, and trust.
13. You will forget all this.
14. You can remember any time you wish.
(From the book "If Life is a Game, These are the Rules" by Cherie Carter-Scott)
************

Of course we ask why why do I keep going from waking to sleeping from being aware to being unaware why can't I just stay in awareness why do I keep forgetting ?

The best understanding that I have now and this might change is it our forgetfulness is also part of the trip. each time I become aware again I have a choice to either beat myself up for becoming unaware or to be grateful for the awareness that I have again.


Although this directive refers to meditation, I think it can also be a marvelous reference to what we have been calling waking and sleeping or awareness awareness.
Saint Francis de Sales gave his students these meditation instructions: “Bring yourself back to the point (of) quiet intently. And even if you do nothing during the whole of your hour but bring your heart back a thousand times, though it went away every time you brought it back, your hour would be very well employed.”

“When you are reactive, when you are frightened, when you are angry, you are never in your wisdom. You are operating in low vibration and you must attend to that so that you can go forward in a higher way.
Is wisdom available at a low vibration? Of course. But it is unlikely you will hear it, or know it, because you are being precluded by the lower thought-forms that you are engaged with. And that is always the temptation of the one who goes upward, you know, that you will be caught in a struggle of lower vibration that you have attended to for so long that you believe it must still be there.”

Here is another directive similar to the one above that reminds us in our awareness if we find ourselves angry lost alone impatient whatever lower vibration we might be somewhat stuck in then we can always use that as a reminder to rise above.



PEACE


No comments:

Post a Comment