Sunday, April 15, 2018

I KNOW WHO I AM 2

P. 20-23

When I state the truth, “I know who I am; I know what I am; I know how I serve,” it is difficult, if not impossible to backtrack, and that is a challenge. I cant; say “I know who I am” at one moment then say “I am my story, or my history,” or any other labels. Once I have known myself in a deep way, beyond words, I cannot take it back. I can pretend; I can make believe, but the truth will always remain beyond my denial. 

I am a unique expression of the Divine Spirit. Now I may become lost in some of my roles or labels, but when I remember again to remind myself of the truth of who I am, I allow that Divine/Christ Consciousness within me to shine forth again.

As the guides made reference to “singing your song” and aligning to the vibration of a new creation I was reminded of this song. There are several versions. you might want to Youtube it. I originally heard it years ago as a Quaker Hymn. 



How Can I Keep from Singing
Song by Audrey Assad
Lyrics
My life flows on in endless song;
Above earth's lamentation,
I hear the sweet, though far-off hymn
That hails a new creation.

Through all the tumult and the strife,
I hear that music ringing
It finds an echo in my soul
How can I keep from singing?

What though my joys and comforts die?
I know my Savior liveth
What though the darkness gather round?
Songs in the night he giveth.

No storm can shake my inmost calm
While to that refuge clinging
Since Christ is Lord of heaven and earth
How can I keep from singing?

I lift my eyes, the cloud grows thin
I see the blue above it
And day by day this pathway smooths,
Since first I learned to love it,
The peace of Christ makes fresh my heart
A fountain ever springing
For all things are mine since I am his
How can I keep from singing?

No storm can shake my inmost calm
While to that refuge clinging
Since Christ is Lord of heaven and earth
How can I keep from singing?

We also spent some time exploring this wonderful idea that the written word can also be a vehicle for vibrational energy.

Along with this book, there are many other examples: the compendium of sacred literature continues to inspire after thousands of years—there must be something there beyond words. Children’s literature, especially wha tI call “kid’s books for adults:” such as The Velveteen Rabbit, The Little Prince, Wind in the Willows, etc. have the ability to transcend just the words and open us to a deeper reality/vibration.

Not only literature does this, but also, music, art, and even our awareness of nature itself can raise our vibration in ways that we might not have even thought of.

How about experimenting this week to discover or rediscover what raises your vibration.


After sharing with you all this morning (and I so appreciate you allowing me to do so), I became aware of a lesson that was staring me in the face. DUH!

A major aspect of the reading today emphasized how we can become lost in the rules, regulations, and dictates of the society we live in, and presume we are making free choices when in reality we are simply responding the way we think we “should.”

You might recall I was describing myself as being a real “homebody.” I feel safe and comfortable in my own space and having my “stuff” around me where I can play music, write music, work on Photoshop, do my reading and writing, etc. and all of that is true, BUT what I realized was that I was writing a script of LIMITATION.
Translating that into words, the story I was spinning was, “I can only write my music, prepare my classes, etc. if I am at home in a “safe place.” Do you get what a limited space I created, and how I limited my creativity by doing so? Now I am sure I did not invent that script, but I certainly bought into it. I bought into it so deeply that I believed it is true.

I imagined or thought that somehow my creativity was dependent on my being in a particular place! It would be like thinking since I have a KY. Driver’s License that once I cross over to Indiana that I can’t drive anymore!

I must say, it seems much easier sometimes to live in these self-imposed restrictions than it is to take responsibility for my life. 

“The conditioned responses you have known yourself through, in many ways, give you an appearance of choice, but in fact, they have been chosen for you.”
Peace.

Again, my heartfelt gratitude to you all for your love, care and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment