Tuesday, April 24, 2018

I KNOW WHO I AM 3

P. 23-25

(from p. 22) This paragraph deserves repeating:

“The creations you have known up until today have been made by you to know yourselves, to decide for yourselves that you may be on this journey. So we ask you to thank them all, to thank everything in your life up until now, every piece of heart, every piece of pain, every joy, every love, every thought that has brought you to this moment. Our choice for you is to hear you as you sing, and as you sing you lift, and as you lift you agree to align to your true self: “I know who I am, I know what I am, I know how I serve.”

The following passage from THE BOOK OF LOVE AND CREATION

“We want to give you permission now to design a life that you want. But we want this life to be in construction with the needs of your Divine Self. So much of what you’ve created in your life, thus far, has been created out of patterning that you have designed in response to the cultural mandates and the familial requirements that you were embedded with through your raising. And we will tell you this: The alignment to those doctrines, to those beliefs, to those requirements that you have chosen to create your life through will be coming up for examination as part of this process.
If we were to give you full permission today to say, “I can have this exactly as I want it”—and we are talking right now of a future creation, a future life you would design for yourself, it would be ninety percent born out of those beliefs of what you think you should be, you should have, and you should want. This is a promise to you.

So you are going to be very surprised as you revisit the exercise you did earlier to discover that what you will create in your new identity as your Christed Self, the Divine Self, will be a radical departure from anything you could have imagined. You each wonder why you don’t have the things you say you want. In fact, you have everything you’ve created, and you have designed that thing, that creation, that life, in response to those requirements that you have been given by your parents, by your society, by everything you’ve ever inhabited in consciousness and believed to be true.”


As I am approaching this lesson today, I find myself attempting to separate the human and the Divine in my mind. I realize that is what my mind does when it is trying to figure something out—it attempts to reduce everything to the least common denominator, or to divide things up and explain things piece y piece. BUT what I discover when I am doing this is I am creating another duality, another sense of separateness.

The human aspect of me, which is my vehicle of expression (the expression of the Divine) does not have to be looked upon as being separate from my Divine self. As we have discovered many times, our language is insufficient when attempting to communicate deeper truths. When we use the word “vehicle”, we create an image, but the image is usually one of separateness. I am not my car, for example. Now here is where we run into some snags. I know I am not my body, I am not my personality, but these aspects of self are essential to my expression of the Divine that I truly am. How can I separate my Divine self from the expression of my Divine self????? I can’t.

It becomes even more paradoxical when I begin to realize that when I hold myself in limitation, my expression of the Divine is also held in limitation. That simple and direct formula we have used and spoken of in different ways can be quite helpful here: “Are the thoughts I am thinking/holding onto or the actions I am contemplating, are they an expression of my Divine Nature or something else?”

Now the new level of response that we would offer you, “I know who I am,” does not preclude laughter or tears.”


I am reminded of the story of the teacher who heard that his master had passed away. He immediately made arrangements to go to the burial service and many of his students volunteered to go with him. When they reached the funeral grounds the teacher went to the grave of his master and sat there and cried.

His students were scandalized. They said, "Is not our teacher a master of detachment and balance, and here he is crying. One of his students was brave enough to confront him and say, “Master why are you crying?” and his answer was simple, “Because I am sad.” (It is neither a denial of his humanity or Divinity, nor is it putting one above the other. 

We do not need to analyze that story. Just sit with it for a moment and let it speak to you.

This is a good lesson for many of these teachings. If puzzled, confused, or doubtful, just simply sit with the sentence or the paragraph and let it speak to you. There will be times when it has nothing to say and so you move on. No judgment, no condemnation of self, simply the reflection in faith that I have what I need from this piece of wisdom even if I am not conscious of it, and more will be revealed to me in my openness and my experience.

“As you align to the Christ as your true self, “I know who I am, I know what I am, I know how I serve,” you decide anew that this is you in manifestation. As we said yesterday, who you are is who you say you are, and your dominion always is claimed by you with this intention. You are in resonance with your claim of truth, and your expression directs it to you as a response to what you have stated.”

We ended our class with that wonderful Sufi expression, “The pickpocket look at the Saint, and all he saw were pockets.” 

(Suggestion: Don’t try to figure it out—sit with it; let it speak to you).




No comments:

Post a Comment