Tuesday, May 1, 2018

I KNOW WHO I AM 4

May all beings be at peace. May all being be free of suffering. May all beings remember who they are.

P.24-25

(Sorry! I was tremendously “wordy” this morning. I realize now that at least some of that chatter was my own need to be listened to and heard. In the midst of all that is going on here, there is not much that I am in control over. I think I let some of my needs foreshadowed our greater purpose. I pray I will be more aware.) 

We left off with the enigmatic Sufi teaching, “The pickpocket looked at the Saint and all he saw were pockets!” 

When we run across teachings such as this, we are encouraged to sit with them for awhile and just see what comes to us; how it speaks to us. The answers will come, not from the intellect, but from the heart. Here again is a perfect example of the difference between the personality self and our spiritual nature. The personality wants to figure it out, and assumes there is a right or wrong answer, and, of course, there is not a right or wrong, there is simply what fits for you right now.

Let’s just take a look at the “pickpocket” thing:

If the pickpocket looked at you what would he see?

If you looked at the Saint, what would you see?

If the Saint looks at you—what does he/she see?

Notice all the possibilities; how your consciousness shifts with each question, and also how your awareness stretches when you examine and sit with the questions again.

EG. To see the Christ in another, you have to see “it” in yourself first.

The Saint shows you exactly what you want to see—your need, your desire fulfilled.

The Saint might say, “I am vibrating as such a high frequency of love that I will reflect to all who look upon me, their heart’s desire.”

Harry Potter fans might want to Google the “Mirror of Erised.” 
For those of you who want the short version, the inscription on the mirror states:  

"I show not your face but your heart's desire”


*************** 

“As we use the term “Christ,” we understand that many of you have issue with the word because your history precludes you from receiving the true message of it. As we speak of the Christ we create a new ideal as you, actualized as you. The actualization as you as an aspect of the Creator in her knowing and embodiment, in his expression and being, is the “Christ in manifestation as man. Now the decisions you have made up until now that this could not be so are being responded already, by us, as you work with this text. We have said in the past that the text operates on different levels, the text on the page and then the true imprinting of vibration that lives within each page that calls to you the expression and the vibration that we saw through as we align you to your possibility of manifestation.”

Now my first impression here is about those who were brought up in a faith other than Christianity, or perhaps, no religion at all. I think it would be fairly obvious that  they might have a problem with “being the Christ.” 
The other side is a bit more subtle. For those of us who have been brought up in any of the various forms of Christianity, we have all created our own image and idea of the Christ. One of the most powerful preconceived notions most of us have grown up with is that the Christ is synonymous with Jesus, and that this energy of the Christ is exclusive to Jesus as well!.

Notice the title of our book, The Book of Knowing and Worth. “I know who I am;” “I am worth/worthy of claiming my truth.” I am also the Christ, the anointed one.
That is still very difficult for us to grab a hold of and to accept.

We need to be careful here that we do not “water down” the Truth to make it more comfortable for us. I do believe it is easier for most of us to buy into the concept of “Christ Consciousness,” but we need to be clear of what that means. For example, “I see through the eyes of the Christ,” means I see everything as love, without judgment. That sounds very nice, but do we realize the depth of that statement? Essentially, it means that I am shedding myself of all past identities, that although I still have a personality self, I know it is not who I am, and I do not need to identify with the fearful, separate reactions of this limited self.

This last piece pretty much explains itself, but it is a powerful refined of the Truth we are experiencing and embracing.

“When you align to the Christ as the vibration that you hold, that is what you express and that is your service, because what you call to you in response to this will be in alignment with that level of knowing and creation. Now we will explain this for you. When you move into a high consciousness and your vibration is in accord with that, the manifestations on this plane must be altered to reflect the new level of awareness and the new level of expression that you have claimed. In this claim you call things to you, and what you claim to you must be in alignment with this new ideal. It cannot be otherwise. Do you understand this, please? It cannot be otherwise.”

Paul put it beautifully when he stated, “I live now, not I (not my ego or personality), but Christ liveth in me.” This is always true, we are just not aware of it most of the time. (and we will explore this Truth more fully next time.)

So perhaps it might be helpful for each of us just to sit with that one and let it speak to us. 


“I live now, not I (not my ego or personality), but Christ liveth in me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment