Tuesday, July 16, 2019

PRECIPICE 10

P. 127-129

“I suddenly saw everything in a new way.” She turned back towards the daylight. “An epiphany,” her friend breathed. “An epiphany.” She had been taught the word but she hadn’t found it on her lips when she wanted it. An epiphany. Seeing the world anew with new understanding. Like when those trick pictures suddenly made sense and you saw the bump as a hole, the young woman as an old lady. The same thing had happened today. The new picture didn’t erase the old—the bump was still a hole, but now it was a bump as well; the old lady was still a young one, but now she was old too.”    Lawrence, Mark. Red Sister
(When I am open, wisdom is everywhere--even in a fantasy, “escape” novel.)

As we were completing this chapter, I became aware of all of our talking about standing on the precipice and taking a leap into the unknown. It seemed as if that leap in consciousness beyond the known was by its very nature scary and threatening.

I wondered if there might be a different way of teaching this next step. Now I have to be very careful here because I do not want to rationalize myself through a difficult space or avoid something uncomfortable that I really need to learn from. So what I will share next is the best I can do at the moment and my description or my perception is always open to further exploration.

Instead of standing on a ledge getting ready to leap into the unknown,  I found myself standing in this huge open undefined space. There was a “me” there, this personality self, but along with that was an awareness of “I am,” the sense of being a part of everything. I was reminded of a wonderful line from an old John Denver song , SPRING: “And oh, I love the life within me, I feel a part of everything I see. And oh, I love the life around me, a part of everything is here in me.
A part of everything is here in me, a part of everything is here in me.”


So here I Am, standing in this infinite expansiveness and what I am being asked to do is to open myself to it. To do that I must drop my attachment, my identification with this personality or Persona that I have created. I align myself as best I can In this moment to the truth that resonates within me. Not only am I Divine Child of God unconditionally loved, but I am a part of all things, and everything is sacred. And even if I do not recognize the sacredness in a particular person, place, thing or situation then I pray that my perception might be enlarged, stretched, so that I can see all things for what they are.

Here is the essence of this teaching:

“You stand right now at an end of all you have known. You stand at this ending with one choice in mind: I am now claiming my worth as a divine being born into his knowing, in response to the Creator within him. I choose my life, I claim my worth, and I accept the offering that is gifted to me as I say these words:
“I stand on a precipice of great change. I stand on the edge of truth. I stand on the edge of freedom. I stand on the edge of all that I have known and believed to be true. I stand on the edge of my limitations. I stand on the edge of my fear. And as I say yes, as I say yes, as I say yes, I step forward into the unknown.”

It was pointed out that often times in this book and others by Paul and the Guides that when an emphasis is needed, a particular phrase or words are repeated three times. Such is the case here. It is very much like the directive Jesus gave when he said, “He that has ears let him hear.” Or in a more crass language, “If you did not hear it the first time, I will repeat it again. And again.”

We are not learning the same lesson over and over again. We are learning whatever it is we have decided to learn on a deeper and deeper level. A simple example of that would be to become aware of someone in your life whom you love dearly. You know that the love or connection you have with this individual is not the same as it was yesterday. Whether you have done this consciously or not, you have chosen to love on a deeper level. As we have said before it is that simple and that profound. In human terms: “I love you more today than yesterday
But not as much as tomorrow.”

If you want to take that a step further into the realm of the Divine, here is a mavelous excpert form a little book called Mr. God, this is Anna. Anna is a five year old little girl who has insights into truth far beyond her years

“Mister God made everything, didn’t he?”

There was no point in saying I didn’t really know. I said “Yes.”

“Even the dirt and the stars and the animals and the people and the trees and everything, and the pollywogs?” The pollywogs were those little creatures we had seen under the microscope.

I said, “Yes, he made everything.”

She nodded her agreement. “Does Mister God love us truly?”

“Sure thing,” I said. “Mister God loves everything.”


“Oh,” she said. “well then, why does he let things get hurt and dead?” Her voice sounded as if she felt she had betrayed a sacred trust, but the question had been thought and it had to be spoken.

“I don’t know,” I replied. “There’re a great many things about Mister God, we don’t know about?”

“Well then,” she continued, “if we don’t know many things about Mister God, how do we know he loves us?”

I could see this was going to be one of those times, but thank goodness she didn’t expect an answer to her question, for she hurried on: “Them pollywogs, I could love them till I bust, but they wouldn’t know, would they? I’m million times bigger than they are and Mister God is million times bigger than me, so how do I know what Mister God does?”

She was silent for a little while. Later I thought that at this moment she was taking her last look at babyhood. Then she went on.

“Fynn, Mister God doesn’t love us.” She hesitated. “He doesn’t really, you know, only people can love. I love Bossy, but Bossy don’t love me. I love the pollywogs, but they don’t love me. I love you Fynn, and you love me, don’t you?”

I tightened my arm about her.

“You love me because you are people. I love Mister God truly but he don’t love me.”

It sounded to me like a death knell. “Damn and blast,” I thought. “Why does this have to happen to people? Now she’s lost everything.” But I was wrong.

She had got both feet planted firmly on the next stepping stone.

“No,” she went on, “no, he don’t love me, not like you do, its different, its millions of times bigger.”


I must have made some movement or noise, for she levered herself upright and sat on her haunches and giggled. The she launched herself at me and undid my little pang of hurt, cut from the useless spark of jealousy with the delicate sureness of a surgeon.

“Fynn, you can love better than any people that ever was, and so can I, cant I? But Mister God is different. You see, Fynn, people can only love outside, and can only kiss outside, but Mister God can love you right inside, and Mister God can kiss you right inside, so its different. Mister God ain’t like us; we are a little bit like Mister God, but not much yet.”

It seemed to me to reduce itself to the fact that we were like God because of the similarities, but God was not like us because of our differences. Her inner fires had refined her ideas, and like some alchemist she had turned lead into gold. Gone were all the human definitions of God, like Goodness, Mercy, Love, and Justice, for these were merely props to describe the indescribable.

“You see, Fynn, Mister God is different because he can finish things and we cant. I cant finish loving you because I shall be dead millions of years before I can finish, but Mister God can finish loving you, and so its not the same kind of love, is it?”





“I say yes to the journey before me and I step forward into the unknown.”

We are greeting you each as you make this choice. You will be surrounded by us now and received by us in love. We are making you new, we are making you new, we are making you new.”

The Christ in Revelations exclaimed, “Behold, I make all things new.”

We are reminded here that this newness that we speak of is not the result of straining or effort on the part of our personality self. It is the result of our choice to be open, to the transformation in perception that is always available to us, and to be open to the help the guidance, strength and grace of all of these other non-corporeal beings who have chosen to be part of this process of Awakening with us.

Grateful for all that is. Especially you providing the loving space for me to share in. 





No comments:

Post a Comment