Monday, July 29, 2019

WISDOM 2




P. 132
Again we are lovingly confronted with the paradox of Divine Truth we are living in.

We are well aware of the difference between saying the words “I am a Divine Child of God, unconditionally loved’ as opposed to claiming that as my truth. We might not be able to explain that distinction in words, but here it is. “I love you,” as words or “I love you” as Truth. Same words perhaps, but a very different energy or vibration.

Let us say in a movie, for instance, an actor is playing a part, and doing a very good job at it, but there are also times when the actor “becomes” the character. I’m reminded of Ben Kingsly in Gandhi. As participants in this drama, there are times when we can enjoy watching another playing a part and then there are times when we become lost in the characterization. I am no longer watching a film but am involved with the character himself/herself.

This is somewhat of a metaphor between saying some words and/or claiming them as being the truth. Where we become confused and sometimes lost is that we are attempting to claim an infinite truth through our finite selves. Or to put it in the language of the book, we are attempting to claim our divinity through our limited personality self. As we have discovered, sometimes to our dismay, that method does not work.

So what do we do? The simplest way to expound on the process is to realize that we choose to “open” ourselves to this deeper truth. We do not create it; we do not even embrace it consciously. What we do is we allow it to embrace us. Again another example of this is someone loving you. You do not make some love you. You might not even understand why they love you. You can even reject it if you like but in order to take it in, you must be a you must allow yourself to be embraced by it.

There is a reference made In A Course in Miracles to an aspect of self that is referred to as “the decider.” The “decider” is that energy or that vibration which can choose what direction you go in. Again, in simplest terms, do I decide to go with higher vibration or lower; .do I decide to embrace my personality self is being the truth or do I open myself to the deeper wisdom of the Divine self.” (This is not new stuff--we are all aware of this process on some level. Rather than learning something , we are REMEMBERING.)

We are challenged with this choice each moment. That is why awareness is so essential. If we are not aware then the choices are being made for us by old thoughts, behaviors, patterns, things that we have learned from other people, fears and limitations that we still hold onto.

“Now, speaking the words will not do it. And you must understand the difference between setting an intention in language only and setting an intention in your spirit. When you shift your vibration in a new way, there is an experience, an overlay that occurs because you are moving your vibration from one space to another and, in the new space, acclimating to the vibration that exists there. So this is experiential, yes. But just to say the words and not to acclimate, not to bring your vibration to the new place, will not support you well.”

In our “deciding” we LET LOVE HAPPEN; we LET WISDOM EXPRESS ITSELF; we OPEN OURSELVES TO TRUTH OF WHO YOU ARE.

(One Of the many reasons why I am grateful for this work is that in working together on Sunday mornings and putting together this class reflection, I am pushed into a state of awareness that I am not always in. I am pushed into a state of awareness that is continually in the realm of the practice of the presence of God. It is a paradoxical realization that this life I am living and perceiving is so miniscule when contrasted with the depth of the cosmos and yet at the same time it is a unique and necessary expression of the Divine.

When I am aware God can show up in a spilled cup of coffee as well as in a rainbow.

The books also often speak willingness and intention. This might be another way of perceiving what we called “the decider.” It is also way of knowing how we go beyond words by energizing or raising the vibration of my consciousness and the desire of my heart. Willingness and Intention are within the realm of my personality self, perhaps one of the higher vibrations that it can reach. In my Willingness and my Intention, even through perceived limitation, I begin to bridge the gap between the human and the divine.

Again we are at the level of paradox that the mind cannot completely understand. Because as willingness and intention stretch the personality to its highest point, there is also the necessity for surrender to allow the Divine to take over. in other words, we do not define what our willingness and intention might bring us to. We allow that Wisdom and Truth to be defined and revealed by the Divine within us.


“Now we ask you this: If you ask the question of yourself and you state it as an intention, “I am now asking myself in a higher way to move into alignment with the question I have asked,” and you set it as an intention, “I am setting this intention to move my frequency into accord with the response I require to know my own wisdom, my information in the highest way available to me,” you will claim it. As you make the intention, you must understand that you are making a decision to align to something. That is very different than grabbing something or shielding yourself from something. It is simply aligning to something new. And in this alignment you call your frequency as yourself in this new way.”



 I jokingly added at the end of our class Sunday, but not so jokingly either, that our homework is to consciously work with what is sometimes referred to as “The Practice of the Presence of God.” I encourage you to do that if you wish.
I've often quoted Mother Teresa  when she defined her work on planet Earth by saying, “My job is to find the Christ in all his distressing disguises.”

Gratefully I will leave you with that one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment