Monday, July 8, 2019

PRECIPICE 9

P. 126-128

“Now you deny yourself your light. You pretend you are not worthy.”


Notice you can pretend, you can’t make it real, your unworthiness, but you can make it seem real. Perhaps that is the ultimate illusion of making something seem real which is or cannot be. if you and I were created worthy then there is absolutely nothing we could do to change that. Even though we are a creative aspect of God, we are still created and because we are created as with all other beings, there is nothing that we can “uncreate,” especially the Truth.

Paul expressed it this way, “I tell you nothing absolutely nothing can separate us from the love of God.”

Now again we can play the game of denial and we will play that as long as we need to, but eventually the illusion will be erased. Marianne Williamson put it this way, “God will eventually outsmart your self-hatred.”

Now all of this might seem rather harsh. We might tell ourselves, “I don't deny my light; I don't pretend I am not worthy. Well if that were true,if you were in touch with the truth of Who You Are and therefore the truth of who everyone else is as well, then there would be no moments of darkness, doubt or fear. You would see through them as the illusions that they are without even thinking.

Not sure about you, but I do not perceive myself being there yet. And here is a wonderful, tricky thing that I have becoming closer to realizing— I am not lacking in the truth but my perception is lacking. My perception of myself as being a Divine Child of God, as being the light,as being worthy, as being the Word, as knowing my worth—here is my work to transform that perception.

Now I could make a list all of those things, all of those thoughts ideas and patterns of behavior that seem to be clouding my perception of the truth, but I have come to believe that there is a better way of working through this. And that is by becoming more and more aware of those moments when the truth of who I am shines through, when I am in my knowing when I know who I am what I am and how I serve.

Most of those moments are beyond reason or explanation and yet here they are.

Today we are reminded that we have a choice. I have a choice of how I perceive myself. Now by perceiving myself, I do not mean how I look or how I appear, but what is it that I am attuned to, what is it that I am in alignment with, what it is that I am I am identified with. I say this because it is important to realize, as we have stated before, that knowing the truth of who you are or being in the truth of who you are, is not a matter of emotions or feelings, even though it is wonderful when the feelings go along with that truth. But do you see what happens here? We become more dependent upon the feelings and we begin to use the feelings themselves as being the truth. It is like that horrible piece of misdirection that asked the question “If you feel far away from God who moved.”

First of all God doesn't move, secondly nothing can separate you from God's love, thirdly how you feel has nothing to do with how present God is to you or how present you are to God. Some of our most powerful lessons come to us when we go beyond our feelings or our emotional state.

I can know I am aligned to the truth of who I am when I choose to be loving towards myself or towards others, when I choose to bite my tongue or stop my mind when it desires to be bitter or angry or harsh or unforgiving. Do you get that? You choose love. We don't always have the ability to choose our emotions or feelings, that is neither good nor bad it is just the truth, but I can certainly choose to love even when I do not feel like loving.

“And choice, we say, is always a free thing. When you have a choice, you are free. How can you deny yourself this choice you are making now?”


The next paragraph in the book is extremely important and powerful. It offers us an example of choosing to go along with the set of preconceived patterns or structures as opposed to falling into a limited way of thinking that suggests something is happening to us. 


“When you are driving down the highway and you see a sign that says there’s a speed limit of fifty miles an hour, you decide to go into agreement with that sign, for your own safety, perhaps, because you would like to think that everybody else is doing the same thing. And that is a mutual agreement you have made to keep yourself safe on a highway. When you see something that you don’t like and you make a decision about it born in your history—“He looked at me that way, he must want something I don’t want to give him”—you are aligning to a fear, you are aligning to a belief, and you are creating a choice that you are expressing as your vibration.”


There is an interesting concept here that is not often talked about--praise.

This is not about ego boosting; it is about “lifting your frequency in accord with the Divine.” Do you get a sense of that? 
I need to experience myself as worthy to lift my frequency the Divine. Again, this is not an emotion. When I recognize my ability to choose, and especially to choose a higher frequency, I am in MY KNOWING AND WORTH!

“Now the free woman that you are today, the free man that you are right now, has things he must do, and doing these things, we say, in accordance with your worth will give you a foundation that you may stand upon. Every time you take an action on your own behalf, every time you deny fear its purview and stand in your power, every time you align a conscious choice to a new possibility of freedom, you give yourself praise. And to give oneself praise means you lift your frequency in accord with the divine. You are not praising the personality self, you are lifting your vibration. When you give praise to the Christ, you are aligning your frequency to the Christ, so it may lift you as well. That aspect of you that is the Christ, “I know who I am, what I am, how I serve,” will always respond.”

As I read that last paragraph I could not but help think of a power rule quotation from Robert Kennedy

“Each time a man stands up for an ideal or acts to improve the lot of others or strikes out against Injustice, he sends for the tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.”

Thank you


Peace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment